Newbury Union includes the parishes of Boxford, Brimpton, Chieveley, Enborne, Greenham, Hamstead Marshall, Leckhampstead, Midgham, Newbury, Sandleford, Shaw-cum-Donnington, Speen, Thatcham, Warfield, Wasing, Welford, Winterbourne and Woolhampton.
(swipe image left and right to show/hide map close-up)
The parish of Boxford, sometimes known as Boxford-cum-Westbrook, lies on the river Lambourn, a few miles north-west of Newbury.
Brimpton is a parish and village east of Newbury, on the rivers Enborne and Kennet, on the Hampshire border.
The village and parish of Chieveley lies about four miles north of Newbury, in chalk downland.
Cold Ash lies about four miles north-east of Newbury. It was originally part of Thatcham parish but separated as an ecclesiastical parish in 1866.
The civil and ecclesiastical parish of Enborne adjoins Newbury on its eastern side. To the north run the river Kennet and the Kennet & Avon Canal
Greenham is now a civil and ecclesiastical parish on the south-eastern border of Newbury, despite the village’s ancient allegiance to Thatcham
Hamstead Marshall is a civil and ecclesiastical parish 4 miles west of Newbury, in the south-west of Berkshire, on the border with Hampshire
Leckhampstead is a village and civil parish on the downs between Wantage and Newbury. It was formerly a chapelry of Chieveley.
Midgham is a village and parish in the Kennet Valley, about 2.5 miles east of Newbury. The river Kennet forms the southern boundary
Newbury is the principal town of West Berkshire and also (within the area of the original borough) a civil parish
The parish of Shaw-cum-Donnington is a combination of two townships, Shaw and Donnington, on the northern boundary of Newbury
The parish of Speen lies mainly on the ridge dividing the valleys of the rivers Kennet and Lambourn, to the north-west of Newbury