13th September 2019
Your privacy is a top priority for the society. We are committed to looking after your personal information in the ways that you would reasonably expect of us. You expect your details to be 100 per cent safe and secure. You expect us to handle data responsibly. You expect us to comply with UK data protection laws and regulations.
When it comes to your privacy, the society follows three key principles. These are:
- Simple We want to make it easy for you to understand how we use your personal data. We try to use plain words to describe our policy and processes, so that you can make informed choices.
- Transparent We want to be open about the personal information we ask for, why we ask for it, and how we use and process it.
- Controllable We want you to have control over your personal information and, should you need it, access to the data we hold about you.
GDPR provides you with the rights to:
- Request a copy of your personal data
- Request to have your personal data corrected
- Make a complaint
- Request deletion of your user account
You can exercise any of those options here