Chilton

Chilton is a village and civil parish in the Vale of the White Horse, about 3.5 miles south-west of Didcot

Comments Off on Chilton

Chievely

The village and parish of Chieveley lies about four miles north of Newbury, in chalk downland.

Comments Off on Chievely

Chaddleworth

The parish of Chaddleworth is six miles south of Wantage, and nine miles NW of Newbury. It consists of two tithings, Chaddleworth and Woolley.

Comments Off on Chaddleworth

Bucklebury

Bucklebury is a village and parish about six miles north-east of Newbury. The original settlement was on the river Pang.

Comments Off on Bucklebury

Bradfield

Bradfield is in the Hundred of Theale and mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086

Comments Off on Bradfield

Boxford

The parish of Boxford, sometimes known as Boxford-cum-Westbrook, lies on the river Lambourn, a few miles north-west of Newbury.

Comments Off on Boxford

Blewbury

Blewbury is a village and parish on the Ridgeway, about 2.5 miles south of Didcot.

Comments Off on Blewbury

Beedon

Beedon, lying  six miles north-east of Newbury, was formerly a chapelry of Chieveley, later an ecclesiastical parish in its own right.

Comments Off on Beedon

Basildon

Basildon is a village and parish on the south-west bank of the Thames, seven miles from Reading. There is a larger Basildon in Essex.

Comments Off on Basildon

Ashbury

Ashbury is a hill settlement on the northern slope of the Berkshire Downs, said to be have been continuously inhabited for 5,000 years.

Comments Off on Ashbury

Ashampstead

Ashampstead is a village and parish six miles west of Pangbourne. (Ackhampstead in Buckinghamshire is also known as Ashampstead.)

Comments Off on Ashampstead

Aldworth

Aldworth is a village, ecclesiastical and civil parish in north Berkshire, about three miles south-west of Goring

Comments Off on Aldworth

- End -

No more pages to load