by Margaret Young
Mortimer War Memorial was erected in 1921 by the parishioners of Mortimer to commemorate those who died in World War 1. It stands at the junction of The Street and Hammonds Heath in the village of Mortimer Common. Also listed are the ten men who died in WW2.
A recent plaque has been added with the inscription:-
1945 – 1995 This plaque is to commemorate 50 years of freedom from global conflict and is dedicated to those who have given their lives in defence of that freedom and democracy
OS ref: SU657645