« Back to Index

Cookham Union includes the parishes of Bisham, Bray, Cookham, Hurley, Shottesbrooke, Waltham St Lawrence and White Waltham. In 1896, the Cookham Union was renamed as the Maidenhead Union.

The parishes of Maidenhead were formed later from parts of the original historic parishes of Cookham and Bray. The first Maidenhead parish was created in 1720 as Maidenhead St Luke from parts of the Cookham parish.

(swipe image left and right to show/hide map close-up)
Unions 1200x677Cookham 1200x677
« Back to Index