Berkshire Heritage Fair
Why not join us at the 2024 Berkshire Heritage Fair – it’s online and free to attend. If you have an interest in historic Berkshire or some particular location within it, or one of its surrounding counties, you will almost certainly find this beneficial.
You will be able to:
- Connect with local experts about locations, businesses, transport links, military units or families of interest.
- Ask questions and seek their advice.
- Find out about the archives which many of these organisations hold (majority not online) and how you can access them.
- Benefit from general and specific information, sources and images – many of which you may have previously been unaware.
- Share information on your own family or heritage research with the participating organisations.
- Gain advice and guidance on Berkshire-specific resources and sources and those from our surrounding counties.
- Get help with your own family, local, military, transport or business history research – from getting started to breaking down brick walls.
- Pop into our specialist rooms on topics such as local businesses and industries (including Huntley & Palmers, Sutton Seeds, and the Katesgrove Iron Works), Transport, Military, Wills & Probate and Parish Registers.
- Build lasting connections with new contacts beyond this event
- Find out how you can join and get involved with these organisations.
Many of the Family History societies from our adjoining counties are also joining us for the day and will be able to answer questions on their counties.
About the sessions:
Session timings are pitched to allow as many people as possible from across the world to join in. Last time, participants joined us from the US, Canada and Australia – can we add even more countries this time? The event uses Zoom breakout rooms, and each participating heritage organisation will have their own room. You will be able to share documents and images on your screen with our experts and vice versa.
It’s free to attend and you can attend one or both sessions. Simply book for as many sessions as you wish to join.
The list of participating organisations and individuals is growing and you can see the latest position at: https://berksfhs.org/berkshire-heritage-online-fair-2024/
To book, scroll down.