The escalating worldwide Coronavirus emergency dominates the news. Here are the society’s plans. This bulletin will be updated regularly.
- We are following national and local government guidelines and will adapt our plans as the situation develops.
- Steps were put into place earlier this month to try to better protect members and visitors and the Research Zone remains open and our branch meetings, library advice sessions and events in the Centre continue.
- In this fast-moving situation, we monitor the feedback of our volunteers, speakers and attendees as well as government recommendations.
Given this weekend’s announcements, it is looking increasingly likely that:
- A number of events will be cancelled or postponed.
- It is also likely that the Research Zone may be temporarily closed.
- If and when this occurs, we will do our utmost to give you as much notice of any cancellations on our website and via email/telephone.
- Please check the website and your email before you set off to a branch meeting or event.
- If a ticketed event is cancelled or postponed, a full refund or the chance to transfer to the replacement event will be offered.